Friday, June 02, 2017

Three Ways to Use a Stamp Set on Cards



Hello!  I'm so excited to finally be posting on my blog!  Fun Stampers Journey is growing so much, there seems to always be something that should take priority and I like to always have work to mail in.  I just finished work for the Convention, and realized I have a little window of opportunity to create and share!  And if you are going to the Convention next week, hope you have safe travels and a great time!

My share today is three ways to use the Kimono Kids stamp set.  This is one of my top favorite sets that is part of the "The Break Up" Sale, which includes stamps, dies, etc., that are retiring.  We are always sad to see things go, but that means some great savings to pick up favorites and get creating!



Fun Stampers Journey stamps are made of high quality red rubber, so they stamp beautifully and you will soon be spoiled like me and not want to use anything else.  Most sets like this one come with several stamps including large and small, so you get a lot in one set.



For each card I used all of the stamps.  First, to create a background, and second, to create one focal point.



All the cards started with a card panel measuring 3x5, and printed paper measuring 3.5x4.5.

This first card uses the decorative Asian label to create my pattern using the Journey Gold Ink.



The second card uses the lanterns stamped in Clear Pigment Ink and embossed with White Embossing powder.  Next, I used the large dauber to blend Blue Lagoon, Pool Play, and Sweet pear.  I blended in between a little more to create more of a blend.  You can see where the blue and yellow start to create the green.



My third card, I started with Sweet Pear cardstock, stamped the girls, then filled in with the sentiments in Clear Pigment Ink, and brushed on Journey Brush Silver PanPastel.



To make the Kimono Kids stand out as the focal point more on each card, I die cut a Journey Circle also using the piercing circle as well.  Each girl was colored with the Journey Color Burst Color Pencils.

For the sentiment, I used the Turbo Text stickers.  (TIP:  An easy way to adhere these stickers, is to cut out the stickers and the clear background together, peel the clear backing from the top of the stickers, line up where you want them, and begin pressing them and then lift the bottom and press to adhere).

Each card was finished wth Twinkle Trim.  To attach my trim, I doubled the ribbon, leaving the loop at one end, pulled the loose ends through the loop and tied a knot, then tied knots in the pieces dangling, and trimmed.

Thank so much for stopping by, and I hope to have more FSJ as well as my personal Traveler Notebook to share with you soon!  In the meantime, I have a list of the supplies used.  The Kimono Kids, Printed Paper, and Turbo Text stickers are part of the Break Up Sale, so grab them before they are gone for good!  I don't have them, but if you love the Kimono Kids stamp, grab the matching die on sale as well!

Supplies Used:

Kimono Kids Stamp Set
Journey Circles Die Set
Clear Pigment Ink
Journey Gold Pigment Ink
Blue Lagoon True Color Fusion Ink Pad
Pool Play True Color Fusion Ink Pad
Sweet Pear True Color Fusion Ink Pad
Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad
Journey White - Embossing Powder
Journey Brush Silver PanPastel
Journey Color Burst Color Pencils
Whip Cream Cardstock
Sweet Pear Cardstock
Journey Brush Silver Cardstock
Summer Romance Printed Paper
Twinkle Trim
Turbo Text

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, too cute!
    That stamp set is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!